By Law we are required to disclose the following:
- You may stop doing business with us at any time.
- You may accept or reject the offer of mortgage assistance we obtain from your lender [or servicer].
- If you stop paying your mortgage, you could lose your home and damage your credit rating.
- Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates recommend that you seek a professional tax advisor to explain the potential income tax consequences of a short sale and the applicability of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act of 2007 and referrals have been provided.
- Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates recommend that you seek a housing counselor to discuss alternatives available to avoid foreclosure. Free housing counseling is available through the Maryland HOPE Program at 1-877-462-7555.
- Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates are not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender.
- Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan.
- When using our services, you voluntarily sign an authorization indicating that Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates may submit required short-sale or loss mitigation information and documentation on the Sellers behalf.
- Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates make no guarantee on the outcome of the short sale transaction.
- Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates are exclusively in the business of providing NON-BROKERAGE, NON-LEGAL, transaction coordination services to Realtors®, homeowners and Attorneys, throughout the Maryland, DC and Virginia region.
- Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates do not work for or directly represent any homeowner, in any way.
- Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates may provide advice and/or direction to you in connection with the “best practice” processing of your short sale transaction. These instructions should not be construed as a professional brokerage directive but rather, as an opinion which you should consider in connection with your personal, professional opinion.
- Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates are not responsible for brokerage errors made by listing agents, even if those errors are the result of advice provided by one of our associates. As the licensed local agent of record, all brokerage decisions made are ultimately your sole responsibility.
- Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates never engage in debt negotiation, or provide legal or or tax advice of any kind. Any and all references to “Negotiation”, “Negotiators” or “Short Sale Consultants” on this website are meant to describe how we help you negotiate/navigate the short sale process, not negotiate debt.
- The information contained within any correspondence sent by Capital Short Sale Group, LLC and its affiliates is not intended as legal, tax, or brokerage advice and no one is entitled to rely on the contents as such. Please consult your attorney, licensed real estate agent, certified public account or other licensed individual for professional advice in their area of specialty. All correspondence transmissions contain confidential information for the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, any publication or transmission is prohibited.